I enjoy capturing families both outdoors on location and in the studio. But there are certainly benefits to booking a studio photography session. Here are 7 reasons why booking a studio photography shoot might be for you!
1. Predictability: In the studio, you rule out the unpredictability of the weather, especially in Chicago, where forecasts can change fast and scheduling might be particularly tricky. When you’re inside, there’s no need to reschedule if the weather is bad. Rain or shine, you’ll get consistent results!
2. Light consistency: We’re not dependent on the whims of natural light inside, so there’s no need to schedule around the timing of when the light is best (which is usually early morning or early evening). The light in the studio is always beautiful and consistent.
3. Timelessness: Studio photographs have a modern, clean look and a timeless feel to them. Backdrops are usually very simple, so the focus is on you, your expressions, and your connection and interaction with other family members. Bonus- if you love black and white photography, studio portraits look great in b&w.
4. Backdrops: You can pick from a variety of different studio photography backdrops for your portraits. I have a wide selection of them, which all photograph wonderfully and can be coordinated with your outfits too.
5. Comfort: In the studio, I have everything ready to go—from lighting to backdrops and props. I make sure my studio is comfortable so that clients can relax and take a break for any reason (have a drink of water, feed a baby, or change their outfit).
6. Guidance and direction: I stay close to my subjects while shooting and can fix any imperfections (hair, outfit, etc.) right away. I also guide my clients through poses to make this experience easy and fun!
7. Availability: Scheduling your studio photography session can be more flexible. Sessions can be scheduled anytime of the day in a studio.
I encourage you to look at the pros and cons of both on location and studio photo shoots to decide what’s best for you and/or your family. If you think you may benefit from more contained, controlled environment, consider booking a studio shoot with us! You can do it right here
Take a look at some more studio portraits here: